In a bid to enhance quality of life in the Tarapacá Region, Collahuasi has implemented initiatives that contribute to a healthy life style, fostering the practice of sports and physical exercise, such as:
- Artificial-grass sports pitches in Huara, Pica, Pozo Almonte, Huatacondo and Iquique.
- Remodelling of the Julio Martínez Stadium in Alto Hospicio.
- Repair, together with the Neighbourhood Associations, of 18 multi-purpose pitches in the city of Iquique and four Active Plazas.
- Construction of a swimming pool for the use of some 300 senior citizens in Pica.
- Collahuasi Football Cup. The third version of this championship, an initiative that arose from the Company’s working group in Pica, took place in 2015, with the participation of 37 teams and a total of 925 players. As well as the championship itself, the initiative includes activities such as talks on safety, a healthy life style and care for the environment.